MODUL University Vienna Internships
General Information about MODUL University Vienna Internships
Internships are supervised, practical training periods where students earn academic credit for approved work experience. Internships provide excellent opportunities for students to gain first-hand knowledge of the tourism and hospitality industries and possible future employment.
Both students and partner organizations should benefit from the internship program.
Companies and organizations gain through:
- The input of fresh, innovative ideas and skills in communications, IT, languages and teamwork.
- Developing relations with education.
- Gaining additional manpower at critical times of value-adding projects.
- Increase flexibility and recruiting top students who will already have a good knowledge of the organization upon graduation.
- The opportunity to provide feedback to the university information about the knowledge and skills required by new graduates.
Students gain through:
- Acquiring experience in a real-life working experience.
- Having a chance to try out their own abilities without permanent commitment.
- Increase level of maturity and grasp of business culture.
- Developing specific, vocational and personal skills.
- Enhancing skills and knowledge as well as career opportunities.
- Establishing useful contacts.
- Opportunities to travel, earn a salary and enjoy a different way of living.
The internship is compulsory and should begin in March each year for a minimum period of 4 months (and preferably 6 months). The internship may also be divided into two parts and completed over two summer periods (each period needs have a workload of at least 300 hours). It gives the student an insight into many subjects studied at the university and his/her own career potential. The organizations selected for internships can range from large, destination marketing organizations and major hotel chains to small and medium-sized enterprises. MODUL University Vienna has already established relations with a range of internship partners and tries to increase these partnerships by continuously inviting tourism enterprises and organizations to become internship sponsors.